The Metropolitan Water District (MWD) is offering incentives to install premium high-efficiency toilets (1.1 gallons per flush or less) in apartments and other multi-family properties built prior to 1994. MWD offers a $250 rebate to replace toilets using 1.6 or more gallons per flush (gpf).
Terms for multi-family properties to be eligible for this rebate as as follows:
- Building must be built prior to 1994, with tax assessment documents submitted as proof.
- Property must have 2 or more units.
- Properties which have previously received a toilet rebate are ineligible if the building has received a rebate for a toilet in any unit.
- Contractors cannot apply directly for rebates.
- A pre-inspection must be completed by MWD prior to start of work. If no pre-inspection is completed, the rebate application will be void.
- Only units inspected prior to installation are eligible for the rebate.
- MWD will modify the rebate application if quantities differ from those found during the inspection. Modified quantities must be confirmed by MWD.
- Prior to payment of rebate, inspection is required after installation is complete.
- Installations must be completed within 60 days of project approval, or the application will be cancelled.
- No additional funds will be added by local agencies.
- Funding for this program is limited, so contact us as soon as possible for a free consultation to see if you qualify
To apply for a rebate under this program, contact us today for a free assessment!